superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:59:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Superman Multiverse  (Read 44712 times)
REDBAZ
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2004, 07:02:56 PM »

Hi TriSaber,

Found his topic and can't wait to see your site. I've been looking for a site that would explore the Superman Multiverse and having not found one yet, was about to start one up myself! But it looks like you've got it covered!

If you need any help doing renditions of any of the alternates/versions let us know, and I'd be happy to help out.

I've got a fan comic I'm putting together, one I was to showcase on the site, that would incorporate as many variations on Kal-El as I could find, and I'm still researching. I'd also welcome any fan designs people might be interested in contributing?

Cheers

BAZ

Cheers

BAZ
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2004, 09:00:51 PM »

You can try this site : http://www.greatkrypton.com/superman/micro.php

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
TriSaber
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2004, 07:34:27 PM »

Thanks, Redbaz ... and Super Monkey's recommendation is a big help (Lord knows it's helping me with my renditions).

Sorry I haven't posted any new works of late, people ... but I've been busy with my Superman/Hulk submission piece for DC Comics (just pencilling out the splash page now. I'll post it when the finished pencil work is done so y'all can have the first gander.

:wink:

Saving the world ... one pixel at a time.
Proud member of StrikeForce Superman.
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2004, 11:02:52 PM »

Superman/Hulk? Wow, Tri you're gonna try following in Steve Rude's footsteps? I salute your chutzpah, my friend. Best of luck. Cheesy

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
REDBAZ
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2004, 11:57:31 PM »

Cheers for the link Supermonkey, top stuff. Look forward to your site Trisaber, is it already up yet?

Cheers

baz

Cheers

BAZ
TriSaber
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2004, 05:19:40 AM »

To Redbaz: My site's not up yet, and I'm afraid it's on hold until I get my sumbission pieces done. But rest assured ... I'll be getting back to that as soon as time permits.

To Defender: Thanks for the vote of confidence, Defender. Yeah, I have to agree following Steve Rude's magnificent work on The Incredible Hulk vs Superman will be a tall order indeed. The most challenging thing for me is how to best portray both the Man of Steel and the Green Goliath. Like Steve Rude, I'm seriously considering putting a Silver Age spin on both characters. I always thought the best portrayal of the Hulk was during the 70s when Sal Buscema and Ernie Chan were rendering beautiful work on The Incredible Hulk (with Sal doing the pencils and Ernie handling the inks). But I also love the almost Frankensteinian look that Jack Kirby gave the Hulk during his early days, too. So I think my version will be a compromise between the two styles. As for Superman, I want to make him a homage to Curt Swan's 1960s work when he was being inked by George Klein, but I also want to put the crispness of the style that Wayne Boring made famous (and was used by such artists as Al Plastino and Dick Sprang). I'm also going to insist on using Wayne Boring's version of the "S" emblem to give everything a 1960s early Cold War look.

Saving the world ... one pixel at a time.
Proud member of StrikeForce Superman.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L