superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe Krypton ChroniclesHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:43:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Supergirl fan  (Read 17609 times)
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2005, 08:57:35 PM »

Quote from: "dto"
DarkMark?  THE DarkMark?  Pleased to meet you sir, and welcome!  I've admired your fan-fiction for quite some time, and I've relied on your character index to compile my own collection of Supergirl issues.  

And THANK YOU for finishing that Superboy-Prime story!  He's one of my favorite characters -- the recent "Superman: Secret Identity" miniseries only reawakened my fondness for the kid.

I myself was also heartsick when Kara Zor-el died, and frankly I abandoned comics soon afterward.  I did stay fairly current on what was happening, though I never warmed to Matrix.  And wouldn't you know it, i got interested in Linda Danvers just when the series was to be cancelled.

But it was that final story arc, "Many Happy Returns" that really fired me up.  I realized why I left comics, and it HURT to meet Kara again and then to see her (and Linda, who I grew to admire) disappear.  So far the new Kara Zor-El just doesn't ring "true" to me yet, but I'm willing to give her a fair trial.  (Unlike Cir-El.)

But even if I don't accept the new Supergirl, DarkMark showed me there's always fan-fiction.  I'm currently planning my own "spin", and hopefully this will appear in the continuumworlds site.

I agree with him.. i really liked your Buffy/Supergirl crosssover.. i read both stories...but in the second one.. i think you kinda hurrried the story a little bit...just an opinion

Supergrl5013
Superman Family

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2005, 10:35:07 AM »

Quote from: "Supergrl5013"
Quote from: "Miss Danvers"
I watched the making of Supergirl on the Limited Edition just yesterday. Only the second time I've seen it since buying the dvd which when I ordered it from ebay I thought I'd never be able to watch because`it's region 1. I was planning on buying a multi region player just to watch it as I live in the UK and it's region 2 here but it worked fine! very strange. I was very happy that day  Cool

Have you tried ebay Supergrl5013?

Not really... but i'll try... Great Website u got there:)!

My Dad's not getting it Sad so i'll possibly have to get a new Directors Cut... 'cause my mom threw it out..plus i have to find my floor 'cause it's full of clothing (Mom came in and messed it up)..it'll take....3-4 days to finish...let's see she started lastnight...we cleaned some today...(the whole morning i might add)..and i still have a TON of clothes around my Room...  this is gonna take a while...

darkmark90
Supermen of America

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2006, 04:39:52 AM »

I agree with him.. i really liked your Buffy/Supergirl crosssover.. i read both stories...but in the second one.. i think you kinda hurrried the story a little bit...just an opinion

Well, glad you liked the first one, at least.  It was done when I hardly knew anything about Buffy; I'd just been challenged to do it.  By the second one, I'd learned a lot more about Ms. Summers and her crew and was able to include them in the story.  Sorry you didn't like that one.

I'm a BIG writer of fanfic, much of it about Supergirl but covering lots of characters in lots of comic universes.  Check the stories out at http://Dark_Mark.tripod.com/darkmark1.htm and at http://darkmark90.tripod.com/darkmark2.html .
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2006, 05:28:18 PM »

Quote from: "darkmark90"

Well, glad you liked the first one, at least.  It was done when I hardly knew anything about Buffy; I'd just been challenged to do it.  By the second one, I'd learned a lot more about Ms. Summers and her crew and was able to include them in the story.  Sorry you didn't like that one.
hey, it's ok...you're really good at writing! ...by the way ...check out my fanfics on the site here...i'll post  the links for ya

here's the Power Rangers/ SG crossover...i'm still not done with this one..it's with The Power Rangers Dinothunder team and Supergirl...hence the X-over

http://www.lahanaforums.com/emmaforums/viewtopic.php?t=21

my untitled fanfic i did based off a dream i had/still having...not done with this one also

http://www.lahanaforums.com/emmaforums/viewtopic.php?t=22

my untitled fanfic bloopers..the correct one is the last one..it's down there somewhere..

http://www.lahanaforums.com/emmaforums/viewtopic.php?t=55

aaand my 9/11 fanfic..this was the first thing i wrote... i think i tend to repeat myself in the story...but go ahead check it out!

http://lahanaforums.com/emmaforums/viewtopic.php?t=20

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L