superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:15:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Supergirl fan  (Read 18092 times)
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2004, 06:20:42 AM »

Quote from: "Supergrl5013"
**Thinking** Opps, did i do that one too many times?

:lol:  Not a problem!

Welcome aboard Esther!

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2004, 07:59:47 PM »

Welcome!
I'm currently re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-watching Supergirl.  I had the double disc edition for some time now.  I think that Supergirl is the peak of the Superman series in terms of tech.  She looks good when she flies and she's well casted for the part.
It's a shame that Reeve just threw the part out the window.  The producers wanted him to be in there for a little role to help Supergirl "fly" at the box office.  If he'd done that, the movie would've even more being considered part of the saga.  
I love the flying ballet.
I love the soundtrack.
I love Slater as Linda.
I love that McClure is in there.
I don't love too much Selina as the villain or Dunaway in the role.
I don't like the actors who play her parents.
I don't like the way the phantom zone is depicted.
I don't like the actress who plays Lucy Lane.
All in all, I have a lot of consideration for this movie done in the best tradition of the Superman series.

Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2004, 06:46:27 PM »

Hi !:)  I think Leelee Sobieski would be a great Supergirl, but i really loved Helen Slater in  the original movie:) **thinking** too many smileys:)

Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2004, 06:48:14 PM »

I had a really cool dream last night about Supergirl:)

Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2004, 04:01:42 AM »

Quote from: "Supergrl5013"
Hi !:)  I think Leelee Sobieski would be a great Supergirl, but i really loved Helen Slater in  the original movie:) **thinking** too many smileys:)

I have never really given any thought to a new supergirl movie.  Probably because I realize that any new movie would be about the PAD version and that would not really matter to me.

And I am taking a wait and see attitude about the new Kara before I make a final judgement on her. Smiley

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Miss Danvers
Supermen of America

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2004, 10:08:48 PM »

Quote from: "Brainiac44"
Welcome!
I'm currently re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-watching Supergirl.  I had the double disc edition for some time now.  I think that Supergirl is the peak of the Superman series in terms of tech.  She looks good when she flies and she's well casted for the part.
It's a shame that Reeve just threw the part out the window.  The producers wanted him to be in there for a little role to help Supergirl "fly" at the box office.  If he'd done that, the movie would've even more being considered part of the saga.  
I love the flying ballet.
I love the soundtrack.
I love Slater as Linda.
I love that McClure is in there.
I don't love too much Selina as the villain or Dunaway in the role.
I don't like the actors who play her parents.
I don't like the way the phantom zone is depicted.
I don't like the actress who plays Lucy Lane.
All in all, I have a lot of consideration for this movie done in the best tradition of the Superman series.

I love the soundtrack too. It's very powerfu but it would be good coming from Jerry Goldsmith.  In the movie industry if they can't get John Williams they give Jerry a call who in my opinion is just as good.  He also did The Mummy music which has a simular rythm to Supergirl in places.l

ANIME Avenger
Superman Fan

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2004, 09:58:21 PM »

G'day! my name's "Anime Avenger". (nah, ya don't say! Tongue )

i TOO like others here am yet another that also utterly LURVES Kara Zor-El (the ONE and ONLY) Supergirl! S! I watch the VHS format of the Helen Slater 80's flick that i have MANY times, religiously like. (unfortunately YET to be able to get the various DVD formats of the flick *sigh*) and i'm assuming like other various die hard Kara Zor-El Supergirl fans i am just frickin happy as all joy TOO that she seems to to be FINALLY back where she so rightfully belongs once again within the current DCU patheon! :twisted: (take THAT Cir-El!)

AA

LOOK! up in the SKY!
darkmark90
Supermen of America

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2004, 02:00:54 AM »

I guess I'll intro myself, too.  My handle's DarkMark and I fell in love with Kara just before I saw the damnable cover to CRISIS #7 in CBG.  But I ended up doing something about that, and you can see the results on this site:

http://Dark_Mark.tripod.com/darkmark1.htm

Yup, it's a plug, mea culpa.  But I hope you enjoy it!

I'm a BIG writer of fanfic, much of it about Supergirl but covering lots of characters in lots of comic universes.  Check the stories out at http://Dark_Mark.tripod.com/darkmark1.htm and at http://darkmark90.tripod.com/darkmark2.html .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L