superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:27:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Supergirl fan  (Read 18152 times)
jimmylane
Superman Fan

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2004, 03:12:09 AM »

I'm another great Supergirl fan. I love the film. I believe it's because I grew up  watching it. I think the only thing really good in the film is the flying sequences, and the actress who played her. I suppose if there was a better story than her fending off a sorceress, and more with her adapting to Earth then it could have done much better and make Supergirl as recognizable as Christopher reeve is with the superman movies.
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2004, 06:48:34 AM »

DarkMark?  THE DarkMark?  Pleased to meet you sir, and welcome!  I've admired your fan-fiction for quite some time, and I've relied on your character index to compile my own collection of Supergirl issues.  

And THANK YOU for finishing that Superboy-Prime story!  He's one of my favorite characters -- the recent "Superman: Secret Identity" miniseries only reawakened my fondness for the kid.

I myself was also heartsick when Kara Zor-el died, and frankly I abandoned comics soon afterward.  I did stay fairly current on what was happening, though I never warmed to Matrix.  And wouldn't you know it, i got interested in Linda Danvers just when the series was to be cancelled.

But it was that final story arc, "Many Happy Returns" that really fired me up.  I realized why I left comics, and it HURT to meet Kara again and then to see her (and Linda, who I grew to admire) disappear.  So far the new Kara Zor-El just doesn't ring "true" to me yet, but I'm willing to give her a fair trial.  (Unlike Cir-El.)

But even if I don't accept the new Supergirl, DarkMark showed me there's always fan-fiction.  I'm currently planning my own "spin", and hopefully this will appear in the continuumworlds site.

DTO
darkmark90
Supermen of America

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2004, 02:56:44 AM »

Thanks!  I'm glad you enjoyed the stories.  Yeah, PAD's Supergirl is fun and well-written, but there's no real substitute for Kara.  Once I get a chance, I still have the last leg of the Hellsister Trilogy (tentative title:  Hellspawn) to write, as well as a tale I'm working on featuring Kara of Rokyn, another alternate-Earth (or -Rokyn) Supergirl.  Hope you continue to enjoy them!

I'm a BIG writer of fanfic, much of it about Supergirl but covering lots of characters in lots of comic universes.  Check the stories out at http://Dark_Mark.tripod.com/darkmark1.htm and at http://darkmark90.tripod.com/darkmark2.html .
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2004, 09:30:51 AM »

WOW....see what happens when you go on vacation or don't pay attention?

Welcome to the new Supergirl Fans...

DTO, good to see you here....and I READ that remark...I'll hold that over your head Smiley  I want to see that story up on the Continuum Worlds  :twisted:

AA...It's about time you showed up Smiley  and I am still waiting to see what you do with Supergirl next in your animated art versions Smiley

and finally DarkMark....WOW Smiley  One of those that inspired me....THE name in Fan-fiction as far as I am concerned (okay okay....enough of the "I'm not worthy"  thing :lol: )

A lot of talent all at once.  Welcome to the board you three....

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2004, 11:15:30 PM »

Hey Guys n' Gals! Sorry i haven't benn on for a while but i just want to know where do you people get the DVD Version Of Supergirl ( all 7 versions if possible)."cause i can't find it in DVd Stores that we have here in N.J. and i don't really want to get the Amazon website version 'cause who knows the movie might've been corrupted or something,besides it costs ,like, 20.00 for the limited version **Great i'm rambling**  Please respond
- S! thanx

Miss Danvers
Supermen of America

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2004, 09:32:25 AM »

I watched the making of Supergirl on the Limited Edition just yesterday. Only the second time I've seen it since buying the dvd which when I ordered it from ebay I thought I'd never be able to watch because`it's region 1. I was planning on buying a multi region player just to watch it as I live in the UK and it's region 2 here but it worked fine! very strange. I was very happy that day  Cool

Have you tried ebay Supergrl5013?

Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2005, 04:34:47 PM »

Quote from: "Miss Danvers"
I watched the making of Supergirl on the Limited Edition just yesterday. Only the second time I've seen it since buying the dvd which when I ordered it from ebay I thought I'd never be able to watch because`it's region 1. I was planning on buying a multi region player just to watch it as I live in the UK and it's region 2 here but it worked fine! very strange. I was very happy that day  Cool

Have you tried ebay Supergrl5013?

Not really... but i'll try... Great Website u got there:)!

Miss Danvers
Supermen of America

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2005, 04:51:50 PM »

Not really... but i'll try... Great Website u got there

Thanks  Smiley I'd like to add some moer screencaps but I've lost my dvd  :cry: Hopefully it'll turn up somewhere  :?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L