superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:01:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: Should Kon-El become fully Kryptonian?  (Voting closed: January 10, 2004, 01:22:15 PM)
Yes. - 8 (44.4%)
No. - 10 (55.6%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Kon-El be fully Kryptonian?  (Read 11660 times)
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« on: January 10, 2004, 06:22:15 PM »

I've been giving this a lot of thought lately, and after much consideration I've come to the conclusion that I dislike Kon's current status quo. Tactile telekenesis was fun for awhile, but of late it (and his current costume) have bugged me as a little too X-Men for my taste.

So I put it before you, the STTA Science Council; should Superboy become 100% Kryptonian, with all the power that implies? It wouldn't contradict Kal-El being Krypton's official Last Son, but wouldn't it make more sense for the inheritor of the Superman legacy to be at his predecessor's power level? Why or why not?

-Def. Smiley

"You will believe a man can fly."
Just a fan
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 11:10:03 PM »

Yes I think he should be, I'm not sure how they will do it, but I'm thinking with the current legion story line thay might come up with a way for it to happen, that would also lend itself to the legion getting back to being inspired by the legend of Superboy.  And it removes the road block of,  "You know Superboy always survives because he grew up to be Superman"

One way to do would be for darksied to bring kon to just about dead and the only way to save him is an infusion of Clarks cells or blood,  then considereing Kon's already altered DNA  it could adapt and bring him to full or almost full Krytonian status.  

What ya think??

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
Sam
Superman Fan

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 10:41:24 PM »

Isn't that too late? Unless anyone could wipe DC world and create new Superman and Superboy again? :lol:

TriSaber
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2004, 04:08:15 AM »

I voted No. But here's why.

Simply put, it's been well-established that Superboy is not exactly a genetic duplicate of Superman, which gives him a sort of uniqueness that sets him apart from the Man of Steel. However, what's needed here is a serious attitude adjustment as well as a significatnt power boost for our friend Kon-El. As Defender points out (and as I've said many times myself), there really can be no Legion of Super-Heroes without a Superboy to inspire them. Should Superboy's powers become identical to Superman's? I would say not really. But if they were to be boosted to the level of, say, Black Zero from the "Hyper-Tension" story arc, then that would be enough. Also, Superboy has to really stop acting like an overly horny ass all the time and try to be more mature and responsible. If these two things are done, then Superboy could become a worthy successor to the legacy of the Man of Tomorrow.

Saving the world ... one pixel at a time.
Proud member of StrikeForce Superman.
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2004, 09:46:58 PM »

Good thoughts Tri. I agree that Superboy has some serious growing up to do, but it just doesn't seem right that he's always going to seem Superman's inferior in the powers department. I just wish there was a way we could see in Kon the potential to be all that Clark is. . .and then some, in the not too distant future.

-Def.

sungodsavior
Superman Fan

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 01:22:39 AM »

I kinda like that superboy is made up of 50% Kal=el and 50% Lex.  It gives him a duality.  For all we know while he is young he is going to be more like Superman.  He is just finding out who he is.  At first all he knew about him self was that he was a clone of Superman.  So he went for the hero stuff.

Now he knows that he has some Lex (or a compacity to be real evil) in him.  Maybe as he grows up we will see more of the luthor in him.  Who knows he could be Kal-el's worst enemy in the future. :twisted:

Also what do you think Kal-el will do when he finds out that Kon-el is 50% Lex :?:

In brightest day
In blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Beware my power
Supermans might
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2004, 02:31:11 AM »

I voted no myself.  My reasoning is more with my personal tastes and the fact that I am still a fan of the original Superboy.

I dislike the way Kon-El is written (I am being nice here Smiley  I usually just call him superpunk)

Now having said that, I would be willing to change my vote were Kon-El written with less of a punk look and attitude.

So my vote is based purely on my personal preferences about the characters.

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2004, 09:43:30 PM »

I initially loathed Kon's character when he first came onstage during the Reign of the Supermen debacle, but of late I'm beginning to see some potential to the character. He'll never be the kind of hero that the Silver Age Superboy was, but in the pages of Teen Titans I've been coming to like the character of Kon-El/Connor Kent. He's a guy who's really trying to live up to Superman's ideal, but he doesn't have the level of skill and maturity that a true 16-18 year old would have. I mean chronologically he's barely five years old, given the vagaries of comic book/real time. I guess I'm just the typical wannabe writer who feels there are no bad characters, just characters lacking a writer who taps their potential. Connor's still waiting on his, though Johns seems to have his own spin which might prove interesting. Time will tell. Smiley

-Def.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L