superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:36:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supergirl comic book collections  (Read 3486 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: February 01, 2004, 12:05:30 AM »

I want to use this thread as a reference guide for TPBs about Supergirl.

Classic Supergirl :

Modern Supergirl :

Reference books :

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 02:52:12 AM »

Supergirl Archives Vol II REVIEW!

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/reviews/107319520719796.htm

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 04:27:58 PM »

I've only read two stories of volume II.  I can tell you that's it's great.  I'm gonna comment on first story with possible spoiler...

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I simply had to pick this volume and buy it.  Supergirl's sa run is classic.  The first story was called (I think) Supergirl's first romance.  On the openning page a merboy...  So, I really thought that this was gonna be royaly corny.  I turned the page and there was 2 pages of Linda Lee that followed...  It was getting worse.  Then on the next one, thrills started!  Supergirl goes underwater and the colors are just beautiful for her suit (hair and skin...).  We learn of course that merboy comes from Lori Lemaris' "town".  We get to meet her and her husband Ronal - which is fun when familial characters are crossed.  We also get a nice panel of the city (with a funny 60s car that has fins...).  
Great book!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L