superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:42:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superboy and The Legion of Super-Heroes  (Read 9168 times)
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« on: February 22, 2003, 10:33:16 PM »

I always enjoyed the Silver Age Superboy best as a featured player in the Legion of Super-Heroes.  Especially during the 1970's.  One of the all time classic Legion stories Earthwar was during that era and to me that is when the Legion really rocked.

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
Ric-El
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 07:11:20 PM »

I never really paid much attention to the legion, but they looked cool.

Kal-El10
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2003, 01:02:32 AM »

The late sixties/early 70's Legion was my favorite too. While I still like the Legion, its not the same with the new names and with no Superboy.
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2003, 01:34:18 AM »

There is no Legion without Superboy.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2003, 02:55:48 AM »

I grew up in the 70's literally on the Various DC titles and chief among them was Superboy and The Legion of Super-Heroes.  He appeared in nearly every story (unless it was a back up) but I too feel that the Legion of today isn't the same without Superboy.  However I do like the current version of the Legion on its own merits - one being the way DNA are using familiar DC continuity in their storylines.  It isn't the Silver Age Legion I grew up on but it is a good series.

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
Rugal 3:16
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2003, 02:53:24 AM »

check out the Legion archives that has the origins and lotsa cool sh*t, One thing I don't understand is why doesn't the Legion revere Superman when he's "superman"as much as they honor him more when he was "superboy".

Otenami Haiken to iko ka
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2003, 04:47:17 AM »

Quote from: "Rugal 3:16"
One thing I don't understand is why doesn't the Legion revere Superman when he's "superman"as much as they honor him more when he was "superboy".

good question the only thing I can figure is because the Legion were teens and looked to Superboy because he was their age.

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
Rugal 3:16
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2003, 07:41:45 AM »

AND the story always sets for superman to meet the "grown up" versions of the Legion while the writers always had the "teen legion" meet superboy..

If it was from the future..

HECK

Superman could also meet the "teen legions" and the Adult legions could also meet "superboy".

Otenami Haiken to iko ka
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L