superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:08:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superboy and The Legion of Super-Heroes  (Read 9561 times)
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2003, 06:30:52 AM »

Maybe it's not so hard to explain, Rugal.

After all....

(I don't know how old you are, so bear with me)

....when you were 16 you wanted to hang out with teenagers, and when you were 25 you wanted to hang out with twentysomethings... and, if you're in your 40s, why would you want to have regular get-togethers with a bunch of 14-year-olds when their fortysomething versions are available?
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2003, 06:38:13 AM »

Otenami Haiken to iko ka

Please tell me what this means.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2003, 12:54:10 PM »

For my 12 cents the silver ager LSH was the best - best writing from Siegel, Hamilton & Shooter and a great wedding of sci-fi and super-heroics.  Not to mention the underrated art work of John Forte and then Curt Swan.
The Swan-Jack Abel inked Mordru series is some of the best art I ever saw out of that DC era. Cheesy

But then there's also Pete Costanza...and the less said about that the better.   :evil:
TriSaber
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2003, 02:32:23 PM »

Quote from: "The Starchild"
There is no Legion without Superboy.

That was always my opinion, too. Even just an occasional appearance by the Boy of Steel in the Legion's chronicles was enough to keep me happy. After all, according to the original idea, Superboy served as the inspiration for the entire organization. That being said, I'm really glad to see Kon-El finally take his rightful place in the current Legion ... and wearing the traditional "S" uniform, to boot! I can live with the Legion belt buckle on the costume, It distinguishes him from the Pre-Crisis version nicely.

Saving the world ... one pixel at a time.
Proud member of StrikeForce Superman.
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2003, 01:31:17 AM »

I'm with you on that Trisaber. Yeah, it'd be nice if Clark could be in the Legion, but like it or lump it we have to respect what DC's done with the current continuity and work around it. Still, I do confess a certain amount of geeker satisfaction to see Superboy back in the Legion. The Titans are a way to take the character, but Superboy and the Legion just have more history. And I like the belt buckle thing too. Now if Cosmic Boy could just stop giving Kon grief, I could be happy. Cheesy

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L