superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:03:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lucy Lane?  (Read 4999 times)
Miss Danvers
Supermen of America

« on: February 10, 2004, 11:51:15 AM »

Does the character Lucy Lane exist in the comics or was she just made up for the Supergirl movie?

Just a fan
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 05:00:56 PM »

Lucy a minor/major character in the books,  she was Jimmy's love interest for years.

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 12:42:45 AM »

She was created in 1959 and was a major character in the Jimmy Olsen comic book.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 07:11:32 AM »

Quote from: "Miss Danvers"
Does the character Lucy Lane exist in the comics or was she just made up for the Supergirl movie?

As Just a fan and Super Monkey have said, Miss Danvers, Lucy definitely existed in the comics as a supporting character.

The last time I recall discussing Lucy Lane was back on the old Superman in the 70s thread.

My favourite story that Lucy Lane was never in is "Who Killed Lucy Lane?" from Lois Lane #120 (1972). As Osgood tells us, Lucy was apparently not dead but left in "limbo" for a short time, then returned to the blandness from whence she came.
Osgood Peabody
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 07:57:11 PM »

I didn't realize Lucy was in that movie.  I never cared much for the character, as she seemed to bring out the worst in Jimmy Olsen.

Jimmy would've been better off with Supergirl - but so as not to repeat myself, here's the long-winded thread where I made that case:

http://superman.nu/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=356&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 08:39:59 AM »

I can't remember Lucy being mentioned in the SUPERGIRL movie, but then, I can't remember much about the movie anyway. I saw it many, many years ago. I do recall that the lead actress was good (Helen Slater?), but that the rest of the production let her down.

And I also didn't remember that I'd last mentioned "Who Killed Lucy Lane" in your Jimmy & Kara thread from the Superman board.

The whole subject, however, and one part of the thread in particular, does bring to mind an issue that may bear some discussion. But it doesn't belong on a thread about Lucy Lane.
jimmylane
Superman Fan

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004, 03:00:56 AM »

Lucy had been in the comics for many years before "Suoergirl" and indeed was a love interest for Jimmy Olsen. The comics in the late '80s featured a blind Lucy Lane who got cured by the remains of Bizarro hitting her eyes. Currently in the comics, I believe she is married to a guy named Ron Troupe who works for the Daily Planet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L