superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:31:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supergirl: Many Happy Returns  (Read 4682 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: February 14, 2004, 04:49:31 AM »

I just got this TPB, I so far only read the 1st chapter/issue. I will give my thoughts on it once I am done. Until then, anyone else want to chime in with their own thoughts, reviews? Post them! Cheesy

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 04:15:40 AM »

Ok, here is my views on this TPB.

The story is quite nice, as Peter David has fun poking fun at both the Modern DC universe and the Sliver Age universe, but at the end he seems to favor the Sliver Age or at least that a new universe that combines both (like Alan Moore's Supreme) should be the new direction that comics should go. I agree with that statement. The artwork is really great as well, the artist Ed Benes seem to have been having maybe a little too much fun drawing the Supergirls Wink However, if you notice in the Modern DC Universe in this book every single women looks like a Supermodel, but this is not the case when we switch to the Sliver Age in the story. Also the men's muscles are much bigger in the Modern Universe than the Sliver Age version, so perhaps he was trying to say something about the change of taste and look of comics.

I would recommend it to any fan of the Sliver Age Supergirl! Cheesy

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 04:16:19 AM »

But could you honestly say you will re-read the book, Super Monkey? I looked at it when it first came out, and I thought the art was very nice. I remember we talked about it on a previous thread. I haven't any interest in buying a book (which is expensive here) that I will read once then put on a bookshelf to gather dust. What's your opinion on that?
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 01:04:13 AM »

Quote from: "Aldous"
But could you honestly say you will re-read the book, Super Monkey? I looked at it when it first came out, and I thought the art was very nice. I remember we talked about it on a previous thread. I haven't any interest in buying a book (which is expensive here) that I will read once then put on a bookshelf to gather dust. What's your opinion on that?

Well, it's too soon to tell right now to tell you the truth. I brought it for about 60% off so it was very easy for me to pick it up Wink

- Elliot S! Maggin
SuperThinnker
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 01:44:52 PM »

I really got this TPB..and I like it. Thought it has a sad ending
that give by boby early wake up call then usual the night. It's pretty
good--I'm been re-running like for a week now. Usually just
to clam my stomatch enough to enter the upstairs' bathroom,
my mom's been ripping the wallpaper up there.....

Logging off,
Dr. Thinker
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 05:32:05 AM »

Quote from: "SuperThinnker"
I really got this TPB..and I like it. Thought it has a sad ending
that give by boby early wake up call then usual the night. It's pretty
good--I'm been re-running like for a week now. Usually just
to clam my stomatch enough to enter the upstairs' bathroom,
my mom's been ripping the wallpaper up there.....

I think it was a fantastic story...and I am no PAD fan.

It showed a Linda (minus the angel stuff thank goodness) I thought very workably and likeable and a Young girl that had not had the time to grow into the hero she was to be.

I truly liked the story...and I have re read the TPB several times Smiley

I can only hope now that the Linda we saw in MHR returns to interact with this new Kara.

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L