superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:22:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kristen Wells Superwoman  (Read 8291 times)
Ric-El
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: February 24, 2003, 09:47:39 PM »

I've been reading her story in comics for the past couple days now and I think I'm beginning to like her. Although her costume is hideious she seems pretty cool. What do you all think of her? Also I don't like Kristen's costume so I decided to design my own Superwoman costume. Please tell me what you think.

The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 03:24:32 AM »

Ric-El, that costume is brilliant.  I love it!

I like Superwoman and her story, but something about her costume has always bugged me.  Good job.

How did you pick the color scheme?  Blue, black, and brown work surprisingly well together and I wouldn't have thought it.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Ric-El
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 03:47:51 AM »

Yeah I thought of it all by myself. the brown looking parts on her costume are actually gold but my scanner made them look bronze. Her hair is brown yes and I really had to ditch the mask....its just not super-like.

The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2003, 04:17:08 AM »

Quote from: "Ric-El"
I really had to ditch the mask....its just not super-like.

Yeah, I was going to ask about that.  But then I didn't because I never really liked her mask either.  I agree that masks are very un-Superman like.

Except maybe for Nightwing...

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2003, 11:37:30 PM »

Nope, the Nightwing mask is "un-Superman-like" too.  That's why he wore it...as a disguise!  Smiley

As for Superwoman, the mask was necessary in the first story, else Kristin would have said "Hey, that's me!" on page one and she'd get no surprise later.

But I agree it should have been dumped by the second appearance.  As super-hero disguises go, not being born yet is a pretty hard one to beat!

This looks like a job for...
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2003, 12:26:02 AM »

I enjoyed the various appearances of Kristin Wells as Superwoman.  The inital appearance in Miracle Monday was a nice touch to bring into the DC Comics Presents Annual.  It was a wonderful story that came at the end of the Bronze Age and I would have loved to see Alan Moore write a Superwoman story (not counting her cameo in Whatever Happened To Superman?

As for the costume it added to the "mystery of the character"  without a mask Kristin would have known it was her destiny to be Superwoman before she went to the past (typical silver/bronze age plot).  Your costume was nice but seemed to me to be more a the 1970's Legion costumes Dave Crockum and Mike Grell designed.

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
Ric-El
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2003, 09:33:37 PM »

I'd like it very much if my art were submitted to the fan art section of the site! Smiley

Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2003, 02:03:10 AM »

Ric-El, I was going to ask if you'd be willing to contribute the picture
to the Fan Gallery, but you beat me to it.

Thanks very much and it'll be added in short order!
S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L