superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes Newton<Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:42:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A "Supergirl" Dream...  (Read 10887 times)
SuperThinnker
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: March 08, 2004, 12:34:12 PM »

It all start after getting out of my
game jam in one of my games [Scooby-Doo: Mystery Mayhem. LV 3 -- Weird Wild West: Mine Cart Ride]. I got
to save and sleep. My dream in it
was nighttime, and the USPU man show up with something from "AMAZON.COM.'s"
smile on it. Suprizing, it's turns ouf
"Supergirl Archives #2", but despite a Sliver-Age looking comic. They were more a zillion introdutions pages. I know they are only about one introudactions page (about 3 1/2 or
4 1/2 pages long).

When I work up I checked, nothing new,
escape the collection that was "Superman: Return to Krypton".

Anyone had a odd "Supergirl" dream?

Logging off,
Dr. Thinker
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 05:16:42 AM »

Quote from: "SuperThinnker"

Anyone had a odd "Supergirl" dream?

:lol: My dream became a Fan-fiction story that eventually turned into a bigger fan-fiction site.  Thankfully I have about got it out of my system.  After our next story arc I will be retiring from Fan-fiction writing Smiley

If the dreams stop LOL

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Ra El
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 07:22:15 PM »

I've had many dreams *like* this.  For years, I used to encounter new novella episodes of "Tom Swift Jr." (Sci Fic, by the authors of Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys).  Important to me, because one of that series was the first book I accomplished reading from cover-to-cover.  

I'd dream of looking through my collected library, and finding new titles, with unseen plots on the back-covers.  Just thinking about it, I still ache with the desire to sit down and read those gems from the Dream World.  Indeed, often I *would* find myself reading several pages of one of these, or some other book - often a textbook.

It wasn't until college, when I began seriously collecting, that I began to have recuring dreams of reading comics - which led to a most curious discovery!

Because I read comics differently from text - much more often and more boldly sweeping back over previously seen & read pannels - I discovered to my amazement that images on the page were CHANGING!  By the time I reached midway down the page, the first pannel had already changed - as if the history of the story were DEEPENING with time - sometimes re-writing the present and the future of the tale.  Soon, I realized this was happening in the texts I was dreaming of reading, too!  I'd scan back to a previous paragraph, and it had often entirely changed.

I don't know if many of you have heard of a "Lucid Dream" - but it's the name for a dream wherein you realize that you ARE dreaming.  It's developed since, that if I ever do more than GLANCE at text (or comics) in a dream, I instantly know from how it looks that I'm in a dream.  ( This is a handy technique for flying, of course.)

The best image I have to give you all of this is one I take from an episode of the Animated Batman.  In this episode, the Mad Hatter has trapped Bruce in a dream of peace, where his parents never died, and he was never possessed by the daemon of the Bat.  Bruce has just about accepted the poisoned gift of the dream, when he idly picks up a book from his library ... only to find that the words are not only all gibberish ... but they're spilling chaoticly and menacingly off the page!  Honestly.  It's a little like that.  The text (and pannels) become alive if I gaze at it!

I think what we've discovered is the Library kept by Vertigo's Morpheus; Hypnos; Sandman; Dream of the Endless -- where we most recently saw Thessaly studying.  A library of books that were never actually written are dreamed of.

Which brings up an interesting thought:  Kara?  Vs Thessaly?Z

I think they'd be more likly to team up!  
... but you just *KNOW* Thessaly could kick Wonder Woman from here to Mt Olympus and back!

Next time I see Lucian, the Librarian of Dream, I'll ask him to Dream Mail everyone an Endless Pass.

" All dreams tend to return to their original form." -- Lord Dream of the Endless / DC-Vertigo

Child of Light

" Ontology recapitulates Philology. "
darkmark90
Supermen of America

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 01:35:13 AM »

Know how you feel, Dylan.  I haven't quite finished mine yet, though...there's one big serial to go.  After that, I may call it quits.

I'm a BIG writer of fanfic, much of it about Supergirl but covering lots of characters in lots of comic universes.  Check the stories out at http://Dark_Mark.tripod.com/darkmark1.htm and at http://darkmark90.tripod.com/darkmark2.html .
SuperThinnker
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 11:46:21 AM »

You know, I think Matter Hatter plot was stolen Superman story,
"For the Man Who Has Everything".

In this story, Mongul tries Superman in a dream world that
that Krypton never was drestoryed--with some short
of deadly flowers.  

Oh, by the way, speaking of this type. Next week, JLU
will attempt this story after the air the first eposide.

Logging off,
Dr. Thinker
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2004, 06:09:42 PM »

I occasionally have "lucid dream" episodes, in which I suddenly realize that I'm dreaming.  This usually happens when my dream takes an unpleasant turn, and then I think "This can't POSSIBLY be happening".  Then my dream resets and goes off on another topic.

The funny thing is, I don't usually remember my dreams but I DO recall the point when I become aware and change the subject.  After this point I can't recall what happens.  I assume this is because I'm using some portion of my semi-consciousness that can process and retain information, unlike the dreams that roam through my unconscious mind unrecorded.

It's an interesting curiousity, but somehow I can't wonder if I'm so innerly constrained that I have to monitor and censor my own dreams!  ;-)

DTO
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 09:23:37 AM »

Quote from: "darkmark90"
Know how you feel, Dylan.  I haven't quite finished mine yet, though...there's one big serial to go.  After that, I may call it quits.

Well, A lot of my desire to at LEAST semi retire is because of an even stronger desire to get back to writing original science fiction.  But it seems every time I get close...something, a little notion, starts nagging at me and off I go again.

BTW don't you DARE quit!!!!!  Cheesy   If you're the DarkMark I think you are, you were one of those that inspired ME to write Smiley

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
darkmark90
Supermen of America

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 05:22:52 AM »

Oh, I'm the one, Dylan!  Make no mistake about that.  However, right now I'm working on a couple of original (i.e., potentially paying) projects, and the fic is going to slack a bit while I'm doing them.  Later, I hope to finish off the Hellsister Trilogy, but it won't be for awhile yet.  Thanks!

I'm a BIG writer of fanfic, much of it about Supergirl but covering lots of characters in lots of comic universes.  Check the stories out at http://Dark_Mark.tripod.com/darkmark1.htm and at http://darkmark90.tripod.com/darkmark2.html .
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L