superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:47:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicolas Cage as Superman!!!!!!!  (Read 3239 times)
heriberto
Superman Fan

« on: March 13, 2004, 12:35:30 AM »

I heard recently in Real TV that Nicolas Cage will be playing Superman in the new movie.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 04:21:02 AM »

what? That must have been a repeat show. He was set to play Superman along with about a trillion other stars from about a zillions Superman scripts that never happen. WB has already spent something like 50 million dollars on scripts on this dumb movie that looks like it will never get made.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 06:18:15 PM »

What I would really like to see is a dvd movie about...the movie (a-la-Taylor-Cleapatra).  I would like to see all the screen tests, build and destroyed sets, ect.......ad infinitum!
About Cage...  I was furious when some years ago I read he was cast to be Superman.  He doesn't look like Superman.  He's got very ugly features.  He somewhat looks like a mexican bean picker.  Not that there's anything wrong with being one but I wouldn't choose one to play Superman.  I know dozens and dozens of names that could do it better than him.  If you're gonna watch Hamlet - you need good actors.  If you're gonna watch Superman - you need someone who looks like Superman.  Yes, you need acting but looks will sell it.

Phro
Supermen of America

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 03:08:41 PM »

I am so glad this project never happened.

I'd rather see a Smallville Motion Picture with Tom Welling (who I didn't really like at first playing young Clark Kent/Superboy; I hated Lois & Clark) than Nick Cage as Superman.

"Say, Jim!!....Wooo!"
"Excuse Me..."
"That's a BAAD OUT-FIT!!.....Wooo!"
-proof that even Pimps recognize Superman's coolness
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L