superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:15:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1965 cards  (Read 5229 times)
andre
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: March 22, 2004, 10:48:46 AM »

hei,
i found a couple of "the Adventures of Superman television show (1965)" cards, and i wonder if any of you know their value? or a site that displays the complete series.
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 01:51:00 AM »

I have no clue but what you could do is visit www.ebay.com and see if someone else is selling some too - it might indicate how much it's worth...

andre
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 07:49:20 PM »

thanks a lot for replaying, i`ve been waiting for some while for any to say something. i`m taking your advise to action right away,
andre
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 07:52:21 PM »

You could also seach for you cards anywhere on the net.  Once you find someone who has some you could ask what value they give them.  I forget the name but, there's this guy who's in charge of the Metropolis Museum - isn't he attached to this site?  Like maybe Jim Hambrick but I'm not sure about the name though.  He's a very big collector.  
Lastly, visit a comic shop.

nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 12:23:21 PM »

Another resource might be "Hake's Guide to Character Collectibles," published by Gemstone once a year in a format similar to the venerable Overstreet comic book price guide.

"Hake's" usually has a big section on Superman, as well as all kinds of other characters...real-life, animated, comic strip and comic book...from Roy Rogers to Frankenberry with all stops between.

Should be able to dig one up at any well-stocked bookstore or maybe even a library.  But if you're gonna buy one, be advised it's like 35 bucks or so...kind of steep for a paperback!

This looks like a job for...
andre
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 02:19:26 PM »

thanks again both of you,
whene i visited ebay, i hit an auction with 16 of these cards which i think vent for apox 40$.
i will anyway take your advise and find this book, couse in the same box of cards i found some "Thunderbirds" cards from 66, which i belive is an english series of some kind toys maybe?
anyway...
thanks alot
andre
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 04:36:47 PM »

Good guess.  Thunderbirds was a British adventure/sci-fi show from producer Gerry Anderson, using his (in?)famous "supermarionation" techniques (now on display in commercials for "Orbitz") and featuring lots of cool vehicles that ended up on toy shelves.  Anderson later moved on to live-action fare like "Space:1999" and my personal fave, "UFO."

I know the cards were popular because a couple years ago they did a calendar featuring the original artwork.  And at last report, a Thunderbirds remake was in the works with Jonathan (Star Trek: TNG) Frakes directing, so it might be a good time to sell this kind of thing.

Not sure if the Thunderbirds would show up in Hake's Guide, but it's worth a try.  It at least meets what seems to be Hake's criteria: it was a case of toys being based on a show, instead of the other way around (like say, the Care Bears or GI Joe).

Original Thunderbirds website: http://www.thunderbirdsonline.com/site/

This looks like a job for...
andre
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2004, 07:16:33 PM »

thanks again,
i found 4 cards and they are really amazing; featuring futuristic interior, and spaceshuttles.
best wishes
andre
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L