superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:28:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Future Supergirl Archives -- Vol. 3 and Beyond!  (Read 10054 times)
bettybrant
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: March 31, 2004, 04:53:59 AM »

http://home.nethere.net/tomhartley/sg/

Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 01:37:27 AM »

Quote from: "bettybrant"

I took a look at the write up about vol. 19 and had to grimace:

Quote from: "the page"

The final Supergirl Archives hardcover collects the Maid of Might's adventures leading up to her death in Crisis On Infinite Earths, including team-ups with Superman, guest appearances by the Justice League of America and the Teen Titans, the revelation of Supergirl's secret marriage, and more.

That 'secret marriage' thing is one episode they could loose and it would not bother me (or many from what I understand) at all!

I thought that was just...dumb.  especially since it seemed to just come out of nowhere.  It just didn't fit in the slightest with anything.

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
bettybrant
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 07:17:30 AM »

If the Supergirl Archives make it all the way to Vol. 19, that secret marriage story will be far from the only dumb story that's reprinted. (Not that it would stop me from buying every single volume, of course.)

Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 04:02:55 AM »

If the Supergirl Archives make it all the way to Vol. 19, that secret marriage story will be far from the only dumb story that's reprinted. (Not that it would stop me from buying every single volume, of course.)

Of course Smiley  I can always skip that story Smiley

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Ra El
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 06:51:20 PM »

I sincerely millitate for the view that fandom has voted that dumb "secret marriage" story OUT of the Cannon.  

After all, it happened *AFTER* Kara's sacrifice, and *INSIDE* the destruction and re-making of the DC Multi-Verse.  How about we all just pack this away to an unstable pocket variation in the collapse of space and time?  A mirage, caused by the chaos and warped energies of the collapse.  

How about we just throw the whole darned story down a " Chronosynclastic Infundibulum " ... or perhaps the result of a " Negative Vacuum Emboitment " ?  You'll all have to pardon my technical spelling, if I've misremembered -- for years, I thought Dr Who was saying it was called a Charged Vacuum *EVOUTMENT*, which is quite a different thing from an Emboitment ... well ... I think.

Besides: if Kara really *did* marry - secretly or not - it would merit *at least* a jam-packed, Super double issue ... if not a lenghthy mini-series.  And we'd all have to have some more sympathy for her husband-to-be!  Who is he?  How does he rate over Vril-Dox (Brainiac-5) ... or Jerro of Atlantis ... or Lex Luthor, for that matter???  

( Not the Pre-Crisis Lex, of course.)

Kara's secret husband is closed and lost inside a permanant Time Loop, as far as I'm concerned.

" Make it so! " -- Capt J L Picard

Child of Light

" Ontology recapitulates Philology. "
Pol-El
Superman Fan

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2004, 05:24:31 PM »

Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forum.

I've clicked on that link and I'm not sure what to think. I've recently bought The Supergirl Archive Volumes 1 and 2, published in 2001 and 2003 which for me means reading some stories I remember from years ago when they were reprinted, as well as stories I've never read before. Now there's this site promising Volumes 3-19, but there's no real indication of when they'll be published. Based on the previous 2 volumes, The Supergirl Archive Volume 3 will be published in 2005, then another volume every other year. I'm not sure I'll live to see this. Does anyone actually know when they'll be published?

At this moment, I'm very interested in getting hold of some Supergirl comics set during the era when Linda was a TV reporter in San Francisco and Nasthalia was her biggest enemy. I'd really love to see some more scans of 80 page or 100 page Giants on this site or anywhere, but I can hardly believe there are any here, because of Copyright problems. At the moment, any old comics I bought are in a large storage container in southwest England, along with a whole load of other stuff, but an ex Landlord of mine stole some of them, although I think there was only one edition featuring Supergirl in my place at the time. This means I can't scan any of them at the moment.
Randy
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 04:34:27 PM »

I'm curios about this too. Anyabody have any reliable info as to when volume 3 comes out?
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2005, 12:55:39 AM »

Quote from: "Randy"
I'm curios about this too. Anyabody have any reliable info as to when volume 3 comes out?

I loved Vol.2!

If I hear anything I'll let everyone here know.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L