superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:58:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about the Supermobile...  (Read 28264 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2004, 11:37:26 PM »

Quote from: "SuperThinnker"
If you got the first Supergirl friends TPB, that story should been their.

In the story, the Wonder Twins was going to visting Aquman's home
city from Altantis, when it's stolen by aliens. Superman attempts to stop it--but that aliens attack him with red sun energy. [Superman is powerless
under a red sun.] While the rest of Superfriends discover that aliens
are from a water-world and imprison by alien's freeze-way. Just after
getting their butt freeze, Superman shows up in the Supermoblie. The
alien know him from his space adventures--not from his Earth adventures.
He attack them--but doesn't smashing the ship for fear of hurting his
friends--unware that Aquman had Zanya (who had transformed himself
into a cold water) free him and the other Superfriends. Aquaman attacks
the water--who explains that they stolen Altantis to study it--since they
are water-based form. The city is returned--the alien take their exit--and a belated tours begins.

Thank Rao for the Supermobile Wink
What would Superman ever do without it Tongue

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
pocketmego
Superman Family

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2004, 01:48:23 AM »

Thanks for all the info on the Supermobile, gang.

I really appreciate the knowledge of the fans here.

But, it does just go to show you that at the end of the day, a big purple mech-robot can serve the same purpose as a Supermobile and make for a more interesting toy. Cheesy

-Ray

Changing the Course of Mighty Rivers Since 1938!
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2004, 11:42:04 AM »

Nightwing:

And Aldous, I'm not sure what you meant by saying the Spider-Buggy (or whatever it was called) was more "honest." But if my memory's right, it did fit more naturally into the cynical, jaded worldview of Spider-Man. I think it was developed by a firm that paid Spidey to drive around in it as an advertisement. And though he wasn't crazy about the idea, he did need the cash...as always...so he did it. When it finally ended up at the bottom of the Hudson River, I think Spidey was as happy as the rest of us to see it go.

Maybe that's what you meant by "honest"...it's possible the writer and artist were sending us a not-so veiled message that the buggy was being forced down their throats by the guys in Marketing.

You know pretty much what I meant, Nightwing. I actually see the Supermobile as more cynical because, unlike in Spider-Man, the reader is supposed to just swallow this contraption with a straight face, and let's all pretend it's not a marketing ploy to try to milk more money from Superman. With Spidey, they let it all hang out, even to the extent of coming clean in Spidey's world itself... And another mark against Supermobile was that Spider-Mobile (yes, that's what it was called) came first, so Superman wasn't just ripping off his fans, and swiping the idea of Adamantium, but he was also blatantly stealing the whole S-Mobile deal from Spidey without so much as an apology.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2004, 02:37:24 PM »

Has anyone else ever noticed the suspicious similarity in design between the Supermobile and Byrne's birthing pod?

On the left is the Supermobile from Action Comics #482, on the right is the cover to Man of Steel #1.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2004, 04:11:11 PM »

I never did but now that you mention it...

llozymandias
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2004, 08:11:51 PM »

Supermanium was created by the early 60s.  It was not a ripoff of Adamantium.  It might have been inspired by Marvelium.  Marvelium was the element created by the original Captain marvel.

John Martin, citizen of the omniverse.
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2004, 03:40:22 PM »

Isn't the batmobile made of batmanium?  LOL!

GeorgeKirk
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2004, 05:14:09 PM »

^ Does that mean that those rubber hi-bounce balls are really made of Bouncing Boyanium?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L