superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:16:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about the Supermobile...  (Read 28229 times)
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2004, 05:16:26 PM »

Oh - oh...or rather oh - ohnium...

Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2004, 10:18:39 PM »

Quote from: "llozymandias"
Supermanium was created by the early 60s.  It was not a ripoff of Adamantium.  It might have been inspired by Marvelium.  Marvelium was the element created by the original Captain marvel.

When did Supermanium first appear?

I don't think Adamantium was around in the early 60s. As far as I know it made its debut in The Avengers in the late 60s.

Inspired by the metal Marvelium? Then Supermanium is a blatant rip-off of that :wink: ....but then I guess it's perfectly fair that Superman swipe a few things from the Big Red Cheese.
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2004, 11:10:19 PM »

I seem to recall a metal from Wonder Woman's golden age called Amazonium.

I think the creation of super-elements is something that's just in the air of super-hero fiction.  I wouldn't know that Captain Marvel had a specific claim to such ideas.

India Ink
pocketmego
Superman Family

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2004, 11:51:03 PM »

Quote from: "Aldous"
Quote from: "llozymandias"
Supermanium was created by the early 60s.  It was not a ripoff of Adamantium.  It might have been inspired by Marvelium.  Marvelium was the element created by the original Captain marvel.

When did Supermanium first appear?

I don't think Adamantium was around in the early 60s. As far as I know it made its debut in The Avengers in the late 60s.

Inspired by the metal Marvelium? Then Supermanium is a blatant rip-off of that :wink: ....but then I guess it's perfectly fair that Superman swipe a few things from the Big Red Cheese.

Supermanium is definately mentioned in the first Luthor Brainiac Team-Up (it's what the prison Superman put Brainiac in is made of...).

So I think it probably debuted in the early 60's thus predating Adamantium. Otto Binder probably created it and that is why it is reminicent of Marvelium, because Binder was the Big Red Cheese's most notable and prolific Golden Age scribe.

-Ray

-Ray

Changing the Course of Mighty Rivers Since 1938!
Village Idiot
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2004, 06:44:28 PM »

In the world of horribly redundant superhero vehicles, the Supermobile reigns supreme!  

And I suppose, among the vast science and technological resources that Superman would have at his disposal, a super vehicle of some kind makes sense.  

My favorite aspect of the Supermobile is the Super-visor, a binocular like apparatus that rises from the dashboard, with a dial allowing Superman the option of x-ray, telescopic, infrared, and normal vision.  Normal vision?  Why is there a setting for normal vision?  If he wanted normal vision, all he'd have to do is move his head to the side three inches.

Gregory Scott
Column Editor/Frontline Flack
@$$hole Comic Reviews at Ain't-It-Cool News
pocketmego
Superman Family

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2004, 02:56:04 AM »

LOL, that's funny.

But, considering it's a redundant feature ina  redundant vehicle, it makes sense as well.

-Ray

Quote from: "Village Idiot"
In the world of horribly redundant superhero vehicles, the Supermobile reigns supreme!  

And I suppose, among the vast science and technological resources that Superman would have at his disposal, a super vehicle of some kind makes sense.  

My favorite aspect of the Supermobile is the Super-visor, a binocular like apparatus that rises from the dashboard, with a dial allowing Superman the option of x-ray, telescopic, infrared, and normal vision.  Normal vision?  Why is there a setting for normal vision?  If he wanted normal vision, all he'd have to do is move his head to the side three inches.

Changing the Course of Mighty Rivers Since 1938!
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2004, 04:40:37 AM »

Now why couldn't they have retroconned the supermobile during Superman's powerless days during the Krisis of the Krimson Kryptonite arc a decade ago or so?

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2004, 06:18:38 AM »

Why did Abin Sur have a spaceship again? Can someone remind me, please?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L