superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:07:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mego Superman  (Read 4913 times)
pocketmego
Superman Family

« on: April 16, 2004, 08:19:28 AM »

Here is a little link to the Mego Museum...

Very excellent coverage of Mego's various Superman figures.

http://www.megomuseum.com/dc/index.shtml

-Ray

Changing the Course of Mighty Rivers Since 1938!
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 02:30:26 PM »

I finally got a Mego 8" and 12" Superman!  (The 12" is a replica.) They both have places of honor among my Superman and Supergirl dolls.  Wink  

Wish I could find a cheap Mego Supergirl and Mr. Mxyzptlk!  LOL

Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 02:44:13 PM »

I finally got a Mego 8" and 12" Superman!  (The 12" is a replica.) They both have places of honor among my Superman and Supergirl dolls.  Wink  

Wish I could find a cheap Mego Supergirl and Mr. Mxyzptlk!  LOL

Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 03:18:10 PM »

pocketmego, thanks for the link - that was a fun visit!

nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 06:11:26 PM »

I don't know what's sadder, the fact that I had so many of these, or the fact that I couldn't tell you where a single one of them ended up.

Actually, I think the saddest part is that I'm old enough to remember this at all!

Wonder what I could get for my Wayne Foundation playset?  It was such a bear to assemble that it mostly stayed in the box, so it's the one thing I still have.

This looks like a job for...
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2004, 10:51:29 PM »

I think playsets and vehicles were harder to sell, so they didn't sell as many.  

You should get a pretty penny for the Wayne Foundation.

pocketmego
Superman Family

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 01:03:09 AM »

Nightwing, if that thing is intact, then you have a VERY sought after item amongst Mego-Heads on your hands. I'd give me entitre mouthful of teeth to own that thing, personally. Cheesy

I've seen them go anywhere from $300-$1,000 and more depending on condition, sealed in Box, complete, etc...

Brainiac, no problem. I'll always pass on cool Super-Sites to you guys.

-Ray

Quote from: "nightwing"
I don't know what's sadder, the fact that I had so many of these, or the fact that I couldn't tell you where a single one of them ended up.

Actually, I think the saddest part is that I'm old enough to remember this at all!

Wonder what I could get for my Wayne Foundation playset?  It was such a bear to assemble that it mostly stayed in the box, so it's the one thing I still have.

Changing the Course of Mighty Rivers Since 1938!
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2004, 01:35:08 PM »

Well, it's not sealed, not exactly.

I took it out and played with it a few times, so the box has been opened.  Long ago when we moved it got some packing tape on it.  Not sure if that would hurt the value, but it's still better looking than some I've seen on the Web.

I'd need a list of contents to make sure no pieces are missing.  I know the furniture, elevator and gadgets are intact, but there were lots of plastic I-Beams and clips to hold it all together.  Plus I think there are a few extra chairs in there from my Starship Enterprise playset (which is also intact and in a slightly more crumpled box).

Maybe I should look at unloading this stuff.  In all honesty, I can say that Mego stuff is way too crappy to hold onto even for sentimental reasons.  I'm as nostalgic as the next guy -- maybe more -- but even as a kid I knew Mego toys left a LOT to be desired.

I mean, how can you really fight crime wearing oven mitts?

What I kick myself for almost daily is that I had that beautiful tin Batmobile (blue version) from Japan and somehow lost track of it over the years.  And now I'll never afford it.  How could I lose that and keep so much Mego junk?

Oh well.  Maybe I can find someone willing to trade their Batmobile for the Foundation.  Cheesy

This looks like a job for...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L