superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonK-Metal Visitor!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:05:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An "Other DC Characters/Comics" folder  (Read 8870 times)
NotSuper
Action Ace

« on: April 28, 2004, 09:44:43 AM »

Many (if not most) Superman fans are also fans of other characters in DC comics. Therefore, I'd like to suggest an "Other DC Characters/Comics" (maybe with a different name, though) folder. This would be a folder where people could discuss characters connected to Superman; such as Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, ect al.

Any opinions on the subject?

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 07:02:48 AM »

Quote from: "NotSuper"
Many (if not most) Superman fans are also fans of other characters in DC comics. Therefore, I'd like to suggest an "Other DC Characters/Comics" (maybe with a different name, though) folder. This would be a folder where people could discuss characters connected to Superman; such as Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, ect al.

Any opinions on the subject?

Actually, I wouldn't be averse to the idea of having an "Other DC Characters" board. This is the only website forum I'm a member of, and I have no intention of joining one anywhere else, so if I want to discuss "Superman's Colleagues", I have to do it here... But then, I frequently have done it here. I have felt quite free to talk about the major players, eg. Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, etc. Discussions about Hugo Danner and Captain Marvel are not out of place here.

I suppose there's the matter of focus: this is the best Superman website on the 'Net after all... and he's the star of the show.
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 05:07:55 AM »

Does this count as a "seconded" motion?

What do the mods think?

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 08:11:12 PM »

Quote from: NotSuper
Wasn't clear to me, but I added one anyways.  It's called "Superfriends," in the "Superman Family" section.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 09:01:40 PM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 09:12:08 PM »

Thanks, Rao!  Cheesy

Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 09:05:58 PM »

Quote from: NotSuper
Wasn't clear to me, but I added one anyways.  It's called "Superfriends," in the "Superman Family" section.

A good idea, NotSuper - and proven to be such since Jimmy, The Legion, Batman, and Captain Marvel have all spun-out of "Superfriends" into their own forums.  My thinking is that they're really unofficial members of the Superman Family anyway.

Anyone like to see a forum for The Flash?

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 10:32:12 PM »

I'd love to see a Flash forum! It's not always easy knowing where to fit things: I just put my thread on Justice in "Other Heroes", although I have always secretly though of that as the thread where one clandestinely discusses Marvel Comics characters.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 11:12:40 PM »

I kind of like the extra forums, but it does make the list scrolling a little longer on a laptop without a mouse.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L