superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:05:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Superman need mouthwash?  (Read 15222 times)
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2004, 11:16:42 PM »

I see, very cool.

Hmm, now I'm tending to think Superman is just a more varied version of Marvel's Cyclops. The more electomagnetic/electrical energy Cyclops absorbs, the more he can tap into a universe with no first law of thermodynamics where his optic blast energy comes from. So you're probably right in that absorbing solar energy is what allows Superman to tap into a bigger source of power; maybe that source of power could come from a similar universe with no FLoT. In a universe where energy is spontaneously created in limitless amounts, Supes would have all the juice he needs. The whole concept though is kind of straw grasping as compared to the zero point field, which while pretty awesome in theory, I can't help but be wary of.

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
ManSinha
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2004, 06:25:42 PM »

Hi all

I was quite impressed reading the above posts, mainly because I am inclined the same way but I also fancy myself as having a scientific bent of mind and as such like to try and figure things out.

I read a comic book the other day, Superman 2001. It was written and printed in 1976 and one of the things it got right on was a "24 hour news channel" The other depictions still fall into the realm of the sci-fi wish list somewhat akin to the sliding doors of the classic Star Trek.

And then there is the Man of Steel. Yes the Byrned Superman did have his power levels reduced but said powers are slowly being built up again since the departure of JB. While the Flash taps the Speed Force regularly, Superman and the Source? Intriguing but nonetheless plausible for someone with the means whether consciously or otherwise.

MK
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 02:01:54 PM »

Oh back to Superman's bad breath. Maybe he has powerful germ hunting bacteria as described here or these antibodies. This would not only prevent bad breath, but it would help keep his teeth perfect.

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L