superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:06:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Batman in the 40's  (Read 4009 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: May 13, 2004, 04:30:21 AM »

I got this TPB and I am about half way done with it. Pretty cool stuff so far, I think I will get some of the other collections later on. Does anyone else here have this TPB and what do you all think of it?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 07:29:45 PM »

I was excited about this one, but when I picked it up and thumbed through it I realized I already have 85-90% of the stories elsewhere, so I couldn't justify the price.  It's getting to the point where I can't keep buying the same material over and over, no matter how fun the packaging.  Which is why I'll probably give the Neal Adams Batman volumes a miss even though such a thing would have been the stuff of my fanboy dreams growing up. (Well, there's also the fact that Neal keeps making a pluperfect idiot of himself in his rants over at his official site.)

But if they follow up with a Superman volume, I'm more likely to go for it since I've largely steered clear of the Archives.  I'd welcome a TPB that's essentially a "best of the GA Superman Archives."

This looks like a job for...
pocketmego
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 05:46:56 AM »

I read some of Neal's rants and all I have to say is that the man has a LOT of nerve commenting, especially in such an overt manner, about an industry he has chosen not to be part of for the last 30 years.

I mean, if he cared so much, he might have continued working for Marvel or DC. What is the date of the last Neal Adams story you own?

-Ray

<<<(Well, there's also the fact that Neal keeps making a pluperfect idiot of himself in his rants over at his official site.) >>>

Changing the Course of Mighty Rivers Since 1938!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L