superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:43:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will there be a new reviewer for "Birthright"?  (Read 4562 times)
NotSuper
Action Ace

« on: May 19, 2004, 02:57:56 AM »

I started a thread about the BR reviews in the Superman folder. I was told the reviewer, Mark Engblom, wasn't able to do them anymore. Are there any plans to put a new reviewer on the series? I think it's very important that someone continue to do reviews. We've all heard what supporters of the Byrne reboot think, but what about the pre-Crisis fans? Different points of view should always be encouraged. I'm almost positive there's at LEAST one person on this forum that would interested in doing reviews.

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 07:36:45 PM »

I think it could work, provided any submitted reviews were well written.

Anyone want to tackle issue 8?

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
bizarromark
Superman Fan

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 09:13:41 PM »

If it's okay with Village Idiot (who frequents these boards), you could post his reviews for Birthright from the Ain't It Cool News website.

True, it's material that's already appeared somewhere else (you may have to get Harry Knowles' permission)....but they're good.

Really good.

–Mark Engblom
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 08:55:05 AM »

Quote from: "bizarromark"
If it's okay with Village Idiot (who frequents these boards), you could post his reviews for Birthright from the Ain't It Cool News website.

True, it's material that's already appeared somewhere else (you may have to get Harry Knowles' permission)....but they're good.

Really good.

–Mark Engblom

I like this idea. I just read VI's review of BR #10 and I have to say that I enjoyed it.

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L