superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:26:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you hate Kon-El ?  (Read 20002 times)
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2004, 09:23:22 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Kal"
Kon-El is still a partial clone of Kal-El.

What has been retconned under Geoff Johns in Teen Titans is Westfield is no longer the donor of the base genetic template.  Johns made it Luthor ... 'cause it was 'kewl'.  Nevermind that it flagrantly disregarded all continuity on this matter.  Nevermind that it made absolutely no sense for Westfield to use the DNA of his hated enemy when he wanted a Superman he could control.  Nevermind that Roxy Leech is now the other donor when the Westfield blend went unstable and broke down.  Johns thinks Lex being the donor is 'kewl' so let piddling things like logic, theme, and continuity be cast aside.

hehehehe.   Logic went out the door from the begrinning IF Kon is a partial clone of Kal.  Otherwise he would have (gasp) kryptonian powers!!!!! :roll:

So how was the different powers ever explained?  Or was it?

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2004, 06:35:51 PM »

My understanding is Kon-El's powers are partial Kryptonian ones.

His original tactile telekinesis is just a more creative use of Superman's established flight and invulnerability auras.  Just like the Flash can more creatively use his single power of super-speed better than Superman can use his speed, Kon is more creative with his singular aura powers than Kal can.

It must be noted that Kon has the potential for most if not all Kal's powers going by Black Zero.  Indeed, current books (Teen Titans, LSH) show him finally developing heat vision.  A recent Action Comics issue has him defending Superman by using heat vision on attacking villains.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Psi
Superman's Pal

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2005, 03:35:28 PM »

Superboy/Kon El is 50% Kryptonian.  He has all the powers of a Kryptonian... or at least will over time.  So far I've seen Heat Vision and X-Ray Vision.. and I think we've seen SuperHearing... say when Conner went to track down Robin in Gotham.

If you remember waaaay back in the Death of Superman storyline, and even before that, they noted that it took years of absorbing rays from the yellow sun for a Kryptonian to develop their abilties... so its just now that Superboy is starting to absorb enough energy into his cells to use his kryptonian powers...at least in my opinion... then again that doesn't explain Supergirl having all her powers already.

Like someone else said..there goes continuity.

I like the Kon El Superboy.  It may not be Clark, but they've established that Superman was only Superman... that his powers were slow in coming, and that he wasn't Superboy. Things like a true Supergirl are easier to accomplish than the true Superboy... although I was a big fan of Linda Danvers as well.
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2005, 01:05:22 PM »

There's a lot of things about Superboy II that bother me.  At first they said he was a clone of some other human and then manipulated the DNA to make him look like Superman and duplicate his super powers, hence the telekenetic powers.  Now he's half Superman DNA and half Luthor, which is, in my opinion, a bad idea.
They really need to rework this character and find a way to make him more popular.  As he is right now, he's destined to remain just a supporting character in books like Teen Titans.

Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2005, 05:05:59 PM »

I just think conceptually he's a really bad idea and shouldn't not have been kept around.

Though I enjoyed the way he was written in Young Justice.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2005, 02:31:04 AM »

Having seen the Teen Titans "Superboy under the control of Lex Luthor shaves his head bald and badly hurts the Titans" storyline I'm now in the corner of not liking the character.  I think they've pretty much destroyed him.  If Luthor can take control of him then he's pretty much useless and will always be under a cloud.
I'm at the point of saying start over again with another Superboy.  Or do a Superboy series set in Clark's past kind of like Smallville in which he operates without a costume.

lonewolf23k
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2005, 05:38:11 PM »

Me, I like Kon-El, but I think he's not being used right.  Think about it for a moment..  Kon-El is a clone made in Superman's image, originally intended to serve as Superman's replacement, and now adopted as Superman's "Heir" of sorts.  

He's a kid who's never known anything other then trying to be Superman's Heir.  Can you imagine having to live up to that kind of legacy?
CRISISHATER
Superman Fan

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2005, 04:30:30 PM »

I have hated this character form the get go because I thought the poorly dresssed punk was not my Superboy and I will always hate Byrne for destroying both him and the Legion. But, I actually like what John's has done with this character and ejoy him in TT.

Crisis and man of steel ruined the Superman mythos

Please Assist New Orleans if you can. Give food, water. Be careful where you send your money.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L