superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:57:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you hate Kon-El ?  (Read 20566 times)
stephens_666
Superman's Pal

« on: May 19, 2004, 09:21:46 AM »

He's a great character,and liked on all the other message boards I visit,but here,you all dont like him because he's not Clark,thats just wrong,he's a totally different character,with a different personality,look,and powers,judge him on hisself.

clone of the worlds greatest hero and the worlds greatest villian
CONNER KENT or KON-EL
S      U       P      E    R      B       O       Y       !!!
tgallagher
Supermen of America

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 04:21:18 PM »

i oike Kon-El

SUPERMAN V

http://www.freewebs.com/supermansupersite
Please Visit My website
stephens_666
Superman's Pal

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 01:39:13 AM »

Kon-El has a lot of possibilities,that they havent even touched on.

CONNER KENT or KON-EL
stephens_666
Superman's Pal

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 05:48:35 AM »

Geoff said on his forum,(to my thread)that SB's telekinesis is still there and it willbe seen in a BIG WAY.

CONNER KENT or KON-EL
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 03:29:19 PM »

I actually don't hate Kon as a character, but I do think that he's endeared himself to me almost despite himself. When Tom Grummet and Karl Kessel debuted the character in the Reign of the Supermen, he was easily my least favorite potential heir. That whole "dude!" womanizing hormonal lunkhead phase really turned me off Superboy II for a long, long time. It's only been lately, thanks to Geoff Johns fun writing on Teen Titans and by incorporating elements of the Superboy I mythos (a Kent secret identity, living in Smallville, a certain white dog in a red cape) that have gradually made Kon stand on his own as a unique blend of the old and the new.

I'm not too fond of this whole "Luthor DNA" twist, but then I'm not a fan of Kon's "power" as it is. A potential heir to the Superman legacy should be more than some kind of psychokinetic X-Men mutant. He should be, oh I don't know. . .Kryptonian maybe? In power as well as DNA. But that's just my quibble.

But yes, I like Kon. I just wish he'd get a proper uniform and a cape. A black t-shirt and jeans just screams "Make Mine Marvel!" to me. :p

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
stephens_666
Superman's Pal

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2004, 11:33:40 PM »

Well I dont think he is going to ever take over for Superman,because Superman will never stop doing what he is doing now,even after Lois and his parents die he will still be there,as for Conner,he will become the SUPER version of Nightwing,you know find his own way,like calling himself Powerman,and wearing a cool supersuit like his Paascual Ferry suit combined with the Superman from the One Million story suit,but have a 8 or Mobius strip for a symbol,while wearing only black and red.

CONNER KENT or KON-EL
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 04:50:16 AM »

Well, at some point (if we believe DC ONE MILLION) Kal-El will leave Earth to journey among the stars when he loses all those who are closest to him to the ravages of time (Kal will live to see the 853rd century. Wowzers.  :shock: ), but in his place will rise his heir and founder of the Superman Dynasty, Superman Secundus. Now, whether or not this is Kon is still kind of up in the air, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's him.

Your idea of Kon going off and forging his own superheroic identity does sound interesting though. Maybe you could put it together as a fanfic for a site that focuses more on the post-Crisis Superman Family. Smiley

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
Tiberious
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 06:15:15 AM »

I hope people don't hate me here for saying this, but I have to say that I rather have Superboy with a seperate identity than the Superboy who was a younger Superman. I don't know maybe its because I really missed the Silver Age (too young for that) or something else, but the difference between Superman and Superboy is something I'd rather have stay that way. Its cool if people don't like that though, no hate from me ^^.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L