superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:56:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you hate Kon-El ?  (Read 20622 times)
burningwoe
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 06:43:06 AM »

i think that having kon el is way better than the superboy who is the same person as superman and i will tell you why.

clark learning to use his powers as a teenager is way more beliveable than him being a superhero as a child. seriously, mature enough to just have an alternate identity and be a superhero as a young man. kryptonians may be more mature at a younger age, but supes was raised on earth dammit, and everyone is immature growing up.

now, back to kon el. his story may be a little unclear at times and have dumb twists, but it is way easier on the imagination than a young superboy ever was. i think the old superboy, while being a staple in the superman legacy, was stupid.

i would much rather have the superman movie/smallville version any day.

If only you could understand his burden. It is his sole duty to protect our planet. Do we make it easier for him? No... we just assume he can do it all by himself. Earthlings are selfish, whether we want to admit it or not.
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 03:17:32 PM »

I don't think anyone does hate Kon - where are you getting this from?

I may be in the minority, but I think that Superman/Clark should have been Superboy when he was young.  However, that doesn't preclude a new, 2nd Superboy from being around now, just as Kon-El is.

Superman having a Superboy sidekick would be great, and Kon could fit that role.

My problem with Kon is his ridiculous origin and name.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
stephens_666
Superman's Pal

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 03:42:48 PM »

I think Kon-El is a good character,and only getting better with time,he has been a good sidekick to Superman recently in Action Comics,and he's in Teen Titans and Legion with good powers and good plot.

clone of the worlds greatest hero and the worlds greatest villian
CONNER KENT or KON-EL
S      U       P      E    R      B       O       Y       !!!
Klark
Superman's Pal

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2004, 11:21:15 AM »

Quote from: "Defender"
Well, at some point (if we believe DC ONE MILLION) Kal-El will leave Earth to journey among the stars when he loses all those who are closest to him to the ravages of time (Kal will live to see the 853rd century. Wowzers.  :shock: ), but in his place will rise his heir and founder of the Superman Dynasty, Superman Secundus. Now, whether or not this is Kon is still kind of up in the air, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's him.

Your idea of Kon going off and forging his own superheroic identity does sound interesting though. Maybe you could put it together as a fanfic for a site that focuses more on the post-Crisis Superman Family. Smiley

-Def.

Forgive me for arriving a bit late, but here we go.

If we are to believe that there will eventually come a Superman Secundus, it's going to be his son. A son between himself and Lois. Superboy, Kon-El, could not be Superman Secundus. If you remember, the Heritage of El didn't get psychokinetic powers until one of them mated with an alien race.

Where can I find a "THUNDERCAT HO?!"
The Ceb-Man
Superman Fan

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2004, 07:22:57 PM »

Hi Everyone!
  I do not hate Kon -El, but I do not like his current costume (the jeans and black shirt).
 I prefer Superboy to have a uniform, maybe not exactly like Superman's , but close.
  I miss actually Superboy/ Clark Kent Pre- Crisis.
 If the Siegel and Shuster's family have their way, we could see the return of the real Superboy!

The Ceb-Man!

"One thing I know son is that you are here for a reason."
   - Jonathan "Pa" (Glenn Ford) Kent,
                  Superman :The Movie (1978)
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2004, 10:22:47 PM »

Quote from: "Defender"
Well, at some point (if we believe DC ONE MILLION) Kal-El will leave Earth to journey among the stars when he loses all those who are closest to him to the ravages of time (Kal will live to see the 853rd century. Wowzers.  :shock: ), but in his place will rise his heir and founder of the Superman Dynasty, Superman Secundus. Now, whether or not this is Kon is still kind of up in the air, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's him.

Your idea of Kon going off and forging his own superheroic identity does sound interesting though. Maybe you could put it together as a fanfic for a site that focuses more on the post-Crisis Superman Family. Smiley

-Def.

I'm afraid DC One Million, Superman One Million contradicts that.

Superman Prime sought his descendant, the blood of his blood, in that book.  The Justice Legion A Superman also noted that Lois is the co-founder of the Superman Dynasty.

IOW, Superman Secundus is supposed to be the real son of Superman Prime and suppositions that he's Kon-El/Conner Kent are simply wishful thinking unsubstantiated by the published books.

OTOH, Johns is retconning the Westfield DNA link to be Luthor instead so anything is possible if DC/writers shift gears.  But established book evidence makes it clear it's not Connor.  Indeed, Superboy One Million establishes a very different kind of legacy for the Cadmus Superboy that's separate from the Superman Dynasty.  How about the OMAC (One Millionth Actual Clone) Superboy of that line?

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2004, 09:58:06 AM »

Another one I'm coming in late on Smiley

I have to be honest and say that I have no clue what Kon is like at this point in time.  I think I gave up on him when he and the newsboy legion stole the car at cadmus  :roll: and only glanced here and there for a bit thereafter.

I Hated the attitude, Liked the costume at the time, hated the powers, heard that he was given a Kryptonian name...sorta adopted into the El family?...and saw that he was depicted as an idiot for the most part in Peter David's Many Happy Returns.

I have nothing against there being a modern Superboy (but I still detest the notion that Superman was not Superboy first) But like another poster said....I would rather he be...Kryptonian...with Kryptonian powers.  (hmmm....come to think of it, that was my main gripe against the Matrix/Linda Danvers Supergirl as well.)

Now I am must have missed something along the way.  The way I remember it, this "Kon" was a partial clone of Kal-El.  Has that been retconned?

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2004, 06:33:59 PM »

Kon-El is still a partial clone of Kal-El.

What has been retconned under Geoff Johns in Teen Titans is Westfield is no longer the donor of the base genetic template.  Johns made it Luthor ... 'cause it was 'kewl'.  Nevermind that it flagrantly disregarded all continuity on this matter.  Nevermind that it made absolutely no sense for Westfield to use the DNA of his hated enemy when he wanted a Superman he could control.  Nevermind that Roxy Leech is now the other donor when the Westfield blend went unstable and broke down.  Johns thinks Lex being the donor is 'kewl' so let piddling things like logic, theme, and continuity be cast aside.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L