superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:08:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Salute to some real heroes  (Read 2518 times)
Spaceman Spiff
Superman Family

« on: June 06, 2004, 09:41:17 PM »

On this day, D-Day + 60 years, let's salute some heroes who weren't faster than a speeding bullet, weren't more powerful than a locomotive, and couldn't leap tall buildings in a single bound.

What they did, however, was much more impressive. They saved the world from the tyrannical regimes of Hitler and Tojo.

I'm not just thinking of those who participated in the D-Day invasion of Normandy. I'm also thinking of those who fought--and often died--in Warsaw, Dunkirk, the North Sea, Crete, Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal, North Africa, Sicily, Belgium, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, the Coral Sea, and hundreds of other locations across the globe during those long years of the Second World War. They were Brits, Canadians, Poles, French, New Zealanders, Australians, Filipinos, Americans, and many other nationalities.

I, for one, am thankful to that generation for preserving the freedoms we enjoy today. We must always remember.
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 02:42:33 AM »

The Greatest Generation ---- that name fits for the people of this nation and all the allies that helped to save the world.

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
The Rokyn
Superman Fan

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 11:43:51 PM »

man that is some serious stuff. i been livin in comic world all this time and i was aware that the soldiers were heroes but you really put it into perspective for me. thanx alot, and, i tottally agree with you all the way!

S! The Rokyn S!

I am The Rokyn. You are a Rokyn. We are all Rokyns. But, i chose the name first so you can just call me "The Rokyn."  Rokyn means "gift of God"                

The Rokyn
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L