superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:11:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time for Prime?  (Read 16944 times)
jakor009
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 08:35:39 PM »

Aww. Don't feel sad. You had a good Idea! Really!

When noone was looking, Lex Luthor took Forty pies. He took 40 pies.
That's as many as four tens.

And thats terrible.
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 03:25:07 AM »

Quote from: "nightwing"
It's a safe bet that Superboy-Prime will come out of IC with a new identity and a spectacularly lame nom de guerre in the grand tradition that gave us "Parallax," "Extant" and now "Ion."

He'll be touted as the next great villain of the DCU and never be heard from again.

I agree.  DC will milk his Super Villain status for all it's worth.

Vic George 2K6
Superman's Pal

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 01:56:19 PM »

The ruination of Superboy-Prime in Infinite Crisis was really bad.

VIC GEORGE, Westfield, MA, USA
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 04:14:45 PM »

I enjoyed Kurt Busiek's retelling of unofficial Superboy-Prime in Superman: Secret Identity. I'm going to pretend Infinite Crisis never happened. In several years, it will probably be retconned, no worries....

Although, I will never buy another crossover event. I'll follow what happens but I'll spend cash on Absolute editions, specials, and the occasional Omnibus. 

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 04:38:30 PM »

IC really just took a leak on the characters of Superboy Prime, Alexander Luthor, E2S, and E2Lois.

The only way you could hope to do it now would be to dovetail a book out of Busiek's really beautiful Secret Identity series. Yeah he couldn't be part of mainline DCU that way but he'd prolly be better off for it.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 04:29:28 PM »

When is "Superboy: Prime Directive" coming out?
crispy snax
Superman Family

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 09:38:12 AM »

the idea of two superboys (one a bad boy rebel, the other a goody two shoes living out his dream of being superboy) living in the same room sounds really.. cute! however you couldnt call them either superboys or boys of steel because to me both those names suggest a different kind of publication....

and yes infc did ruin those characters methinks, superboy a nutjob, Alex a evil genius "cuz hes a luthor" (prejudice! hisss) and Kal-L a dodery old geezer. and i didnt like seeing kon el die.. i LIKED kon-el the lil brat! and the fact that his genes were frozen means that he could carry on being a teenage character forever! (unlike the others, who get kinda... streached)

i also miss impulse... a fun lil hyperactive twerp and then he reads an entire libary and oh no now he is just supersmart kid flash but before you get used to that now he is depowered and then idontknowwhat since i havent read anything post infcrisis...

im gonna go hide in the reprint section of my local comic book store now
61673bill
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 11:50:11 PM »

Does anyone remember that the original Superboy during the Crisis managed to get the Legionnaires back to their time before dying? He was then buried with the other deceased legion members. Is that still in the continuity? Do the legionnaires remember him? When they asked Kon-el to join, were they aware of another Superboy who had been a member?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L