superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:51:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cir-El's costume and Superman 190  (Read 4075 times)
valdemar
Superman Family

... and who, disguised as...

« on: March 02, 2003, 02:13:23 AM »

I recently read Supeman 190 - this is great stuff!

I like the new team.  The whole issue was a lot of fun, and I really liked they way they focused on Superman using each of his powers on the first few pages, giving us an inside view.  That was very well done.

Regarding Cir-El.  My earlier thought that Ariella and Cir-El were somehow connected was pretty much thrown out the window.  And I like the whole futuresmiths mystery.  This could be one wild ride.

So here's my observation about Cir-El's costume.  Her entire costume is basically just the 1940's Superman cartoon logo, except it's been expanded to be larger than her torso.  See the lower left panel on page 8.  It's a big black triangle with a red golden-age-ish 'S' in it.  It's continuing the trend of Superman's chest logo getting larger through the ages, but now it's gotten to be bigger than the costume!  Sort of like taking Kingdom Come's "Brainiac's Daughter's" costume design to an extreme.  But I like it.  That, and the fact that she's got Superman's haircut. Cool

"It is not too far fetched to predict that some day our very own planet may be peopled entirely by SUPERMEN!"
- Jerry Siegel, Superman #1
Ric-El
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2003, 03:22:58 AM »

I don't like Cir-El's costume one bit. I'm actually redesigning my own costume that she could wear and hopefully DC will come here, see it and be like oh maybe her current costume is HIDEIOUS!

lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2003, 04:15:33 AM »

Actually the S symbol reminds me of the S symbol used on the Giant Robotic Superman that the Alien race that lived in the Pacific Ocean built to defend the city in Superman's memory after he saved the city in the distant past.  The Superman Spectacular back in the late 1970's

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L