superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:02:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Superman Toy  (Read 7155 times)
valdemar
Superman Family

... and who, disguised as...

« on: March 02, 2003, 02:46:30 AM »

No, it's not a costume, not a cape, not even an action figure.  It's

:!:

"It is not too far fetched to predict that some day our very own planet may be peopled entirely by SUPERMEN!"
- Jerry Siegel, Superman #1
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2003, 06:31:17 AM »

I have loved a number of Superman related toys over the years but one stands out above all others.  The Burger King Superman The Animated Series Toys from back in the summer of 1997 - especially the Standing Figure with the arms that swing up and down.  I was married in late August of that year and after my wedding my mother in law had a special treat before my wife and I went off for the weekend - she treated us to dinner - KIds Meals of course with the Superman Toys.  I have that toy today on my desk at work.

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
Superman
Superman Fan

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2003, 06:41:29 AM »

Once again the Super Powers Superman steals the show.

"Don't thank me warden, we're all part of the same team"
SUPERMAN300
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 06:26:59 PM »

THE MEGO SUPERMAN  FROM THE 1970'S  IS MY FAVORITE.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 01:55:32 PM »

I have lots of favorites, but two stand out as really special.  One is the recent DC Direct action figure packaged with Lois Lane...for my money the best representation ever of Superman in toy form.

But until then a sentimental favorite was the Ideal Playset from the early 70s that featured all the Superman cast of friends and foes, with three dioramas (an evil science lab, the Fortress of Solitude and the Daily Planet) to stand them in.  Of course all they could ever do was stand, because they were cardboard figures you put in little plastic bases.  But the details were spot-on and if you flipped them around, you saw their backs! All art by the ultimate team of Swan and Anderson.

Plus it was small enough to take with you on those long, boring car trips your parents were forever dreaming up...

This looks like a job for...
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 10:24:51 PM »

Now that was an awesome playset!  Too bad they can not reissue that but instead of the paper sets and pics use plastic for the sets and action figures.

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2003, 07:22:34 AM »

My favorite were also my very first ones.  Wink  

The Ideal Superman figure from 1966 (I also had Batman, Robin, Joker, and Penguin) is one, and the Creepy Crawler Superman mold (I also had the Batman mold, as well).  

Man, were those things fun!  Wink

pocketmego
Superman Family

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 10:45:57 AM »

My top 3...

Super Powers Superman

Mego Superman

DC Direct JLA Superman

All 3 are equal in my eyes.

But, the toy I had and remember most foundly, was lost to my childhood. It was a plush Superman stuffed figure with velcro hands. I had no idea who made it, but I was never without that thing when I was a young child.

-Ray

Changing the Course of Mighty Rivers Since 1938!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L