superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:55:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Adventures of Superman DVD set  (Read 18038 times)
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2004, 10:59:15 PM »

I haven't seen 95% of The Adventures Of Superman starring G.Reeves.  I would like too but in Canada on current cable - it hasn't aired in like 30 years or so...  
The link of the set sure looks 101% to me like a bootleg set.  If you buy this, you don't know what you're buying.  It's also not legit.  If you run into a problem with a disc, you've no way of knowing if you'll get a replacement - even if the person says so.  You've no way of knowing if you'll even see on disc after payment, period.
Finally, what'll you do when WB brings out the real deal?  They'll probably throw in some extras - interview with surviving cast members, ect...  WB is presently looking into these episodes as you read this.  Some two months ago it was mentionned all over the net.  They do need time for the restoration, ect...  
Like the other people mentionned - be patient!

nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2004, 06:41:02 PM »

Patience is truly a virtue.

Hang on til 2005 (almost here anyway) and you will very likely see the show on DVD.  Here's the latest scoop:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2590

This looks like a job for...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2004, 04:55:43 AM »

Quote from: "nightwing"
Patience is truly a virtue.

Hang on til 2005 (almost here anyway) and you will very likely see the show on DVD.  Here's the latest scoop:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2590

Thanks for the good news, but I understand it's still just a rumor, but hopefully it turns out to be true. I love that show Smiley

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Lee Semmens
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2004, 10:00:23 AM »

Hopefully this is one rumor that will turn out to be true.

Where I live, in Melbourne, Australia, I don't think it has been on TV for at least 20-25 years, which is about as recently as I have seen The Adventures of Superman, never even having seen any videos of it for hire or sale.

I still have very fond memories of the show, and would just about beg, borrow, steal, or crawl over broken glass for DVDs of the series.

As I recall, the first season was the best, despite being in black and white, perhaps because of stronger, more violent storylines, which were later toned down. Nevertheless, I would love to get all 104 episodes on DVD, plus the pilot Superman and the Mole Men.
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2005, 12:18:58 AM »

I really do hope the show comes out on DVD.  I think DC does own the rights.  At least, I always heard they called the shots back when it was in production.

shazamtd
Superman Family

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2005, 04:33:02 PM »

The first set of "The Adventures of Superman" has been confirmed and is due to be released June 14 in Region 1.

"Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me?!" - General Zod (Superman II)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2005, 06:14:07 PM »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Cheesy  Cheesy
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005, 07:35:19 AM »

I hope to see it in Italy, too!
But I'm afraid not...

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!