superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:06:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The best Superman video game?  (Read 15370 times)
Webley
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: July 17, 2004, 12:17:53 AM »

What do you think is the best Superman video game. I have Superman Shadow of Apokolips for the PS2 and I love it. What other Superman  video games are out there?

Short Round is cooler than Indy
Tiberious
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 01:46:58 AM »

Oh I also got that Superman game, its pretty cool, but I wouldn't say it rules. I mean its really short, has little to none replay value, and well, I guess just like I said, its cool, but not great, in my opinion.

There's also a game called The Death and Return of Superman for the snes. Its just a fighter, kind of cool playing as Superman and the wanabees, but also not a great game.
Klark
Superman's Pal

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 12:34:02 PM »

They've really not done any justice to Superman on any of the games that have been made for Superman. There was that Titus failure for the N64, there was a game for the NES...I'm really hoping they manage a winner soon.

Where can I find a "THUNDERCAT HO?!"
Tiberious
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 07:40:23 PM »

Though I haven't played Spider-Man 2, I've heard that its really good. Grand Theft Auto style. I think if a Superman was done that way, it would be pretty fun. (If it was done right of course)

I really thought the Superman ps2 game would be like that, specially at the beginning where you can go all around the city, but yeah that was a bit disappointing.
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 08:15:31 AM »

I really enjoyed Shadow of Apokolips, a game with fun play and easy control that really lets you feel like you've been dropped into the universe of Superman: The Animated Series. An underrated gem, in my opinion.

Beyond that, I have to say it's been hard to find any other platform game that's really done justice to the big blue boyscout. Ah well, maybe when the online computer game City of Heroes comes up with that cape patch, I'll see about creating a suitable analog. :p

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
ImurSuperman142
Superman Fan

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 01:59:51 AM »

i havent played it but there is a game for the X-Box called Superman The man of Steel it looks pretty good has anyone played it? I think im going to buy it and ill let yall know how it is

Christoper Reeve

September 25, 1952 - October 10, 2004

Always Remember the best Superman
Streaky2
Superman Fan

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 07:51:52 PM »

The best game, in my opinion, for generating a sense of actually being Superman (or any other superhero) is Freedom Force.  This game's range of heroic activities, from up-rooting trees for use as clubs to leaping from building to building in pursuit of villians, is unsurpassed, even by City of Heroes (does City of Heroes allow you to hurl cars into the sides of tall buildings, causing a satisifying crumbling of half of the structure?).  The main campaign takes place in the 1960s and features original heroes whose appearances, along with the backdrops, are unquestionably based on Jack Kirby's work.  Though this part of the game is great fun, where it really shines is in its system for creating or re-creating your own, or popular, heroes and then unleashing them against each other.  Unfortunately, a lot of websites offering skins from Marvel or DC have been shut-down due to threats from said companies.  This site,  www.alexff.com, still gives access to a huge collection of skins in addition to offering "recipes" for re-creating your favorites heroes!  Even if you can't find the skins you want,  it's a great deal of fun creating your own.

If you are unhappy with Halle Barrey as Storm:  http://www.petitiononline.com/248729/petition.html
SuperBOX007
Superman Fan

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 03:01:04 PM »

my fav super title game... was a Superman Arcade.  It was 2 players the second was a red Superman with a blue cape.  It was very basic, every other level was flying and smashing meteors.  I spent only God knows how many quarters on that game.  Never finished the game I hope to find it again, would even love to buy it off the net.

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." ~Helen Keller
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L